Drug and Alcohol Saliva Test kit £7.95 per test (Ex Vat) 20 tests per pack
Easy to use all in one Drugs & Alcohol Saliva Test
The Drugs & Alcohol Test for is a rapid lateral flow test for the qualitative detection of multiple drugs and Alcohol
Metabolites in saliva.
● Accuracy: >98%
● Certifications: CE | Self-test MHRA | FDA
● Specimen: Saliva
● Result time: 2-10 minutes
The Drugs & Alcohol Test is a rapid, oral fluid screening test that can be performed without the use of an instrument. The test utilises monoclonal antibodies to selectively detect elevated levels of specific drugs in human oral fluid.
The test detects common drugs in saliva including: amphetamine, cocaine, opiates, marijuana, benzodiazepines, ketamine, alcohol and their metabolites.
Some major industries have made drug testing commonplace in the UK, including the armed forces, public transport, the financial sector, construction industry and the prison service as well as every sporting event which is bound to the UK National Anti-Doping policy.
1. Allow the test cup, specimen, and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing. Instruct the donor to not place anything in the mouth including food, drink, gum or tobacco products for at least 10 minutes prior to collection.
2. Remove the collection sponge and test cube from the sealed pouch, and tear off the packaging around the collection sponge.
3. Insert the sponge end of the saliva collector into the mouth. Actively swab the inside of the mouth and tongue to collect oral fluid for 2-3 minutes - until the sponge becomes fully saturated. Gentle pressing of the sponge between the tongue and teeth will assist saturation.
4. Remove the collector from the mouth. Place saturated oral fluid collector into test cup and screw the collector to press the sponge fully to release oral fluid.
5. Place the test cup on a clean and level surface. Remove the peel-off label, wait for the flow to appear in test windows and start a timer.
6. If the sample does not migrate in the test cup after 3 minutes, rotate the cup 4-5 times.
7. Read the test results after 3-10 minutes. If all lines are clearly visible at 3 minutes or sooner, then the test can be interpreted as negative and discarded. If any lines are not visible at 3 minutes, then the test should be re-read at 10 minutes.
8. For the alcohol strip, when applicable, the results should be read at 2 minutes. Compare the colour of the reaction pad with the chart provided on foil pouch to determine the relative oral fluid alcohol level.